I am often asked, “why should I take my family on a Disney cruise?”
I understand the question, Disney *can* cost two or three times that of a cruise on a competing line with a similar or even identical itinerary …
But we have to compare apples to apples.
Last year, my family and I did back-to-back sailings aboard the Disney Wonder. These cruises depart Port Canaveral, FL, and visit Nassau, in the Bahamas, and Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island paradise. Ah, bliss …
While in Nassau, there were four ships in port; The Disney Wonder and three Carnival ships. Our family decided to take an independent island tour because we had never been to Atlantis; our tour included guests from each of the three Carnival ships docked with us that day.
I was stunned by what I heard; food on the Carnival ships was unsatisfactory, so poor in fact all guests were looking for a restaurant near the dock for *a big lunch* before returning to their ship!
This led me to question other aspects of the shipboard experience and again I was stunned; pools not in service, entertainment not up to expectation, deckside bar service slow or nonexistent, noisy corridors making sleep impossible, and unsupervised children running wild everywhere!
At the time I had been on ten sailings with Disney and had NEVER experienced anything like what I was being told, and remember - these complaints were not being noted by a single cruiser on a single ship - this was coming from six different people on three different ships!
I won’t venture into the land of Never here, but in all my days, which have not turned into weeks and months, aboard Disney’s ships nothing, and I mean nothing, like this has ever happened to me!
So … here is why Disney is worth the extra $$$$
1. Guest service that is second to none
2. Entertainment you’d expect from Disney complete with the number one rated show in the entire cruise industry
3. Delicious food that is well prepared – served to by an expert team that will be *yours* throughout your cruise
4. Adults only areas (no kids allowed)
5. Quiet hallways and corridors
6. Beautiful ships that are impeccibly maintained and managed
7. Lavishly appointed sparkling clean staterooms – even in the least expensive catagories
8. Something for every member of your family
9. Legendary deck parties and fireworks at sea
10. Family memories you will cherish forever
I could go on, really I could …